Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Refection On a Mission

1. The values of the Sisters of NDNU are values that I too uphold. As there are many hallmarks emplaced, I try and live my life consciously aware of these values. I believe that the Sister of NDNU are kind,warm-hearted people as they love and respect all races of all religions, breaking the conservative catholic connotations I had previously. They somehow find ways to attend school functions, like plays, productions, and performances, and still show humility and dignity. The school certainly wouldn't be the same without them around.

2. One of the biggest opportunities given to me by the school that honor the dignity and sacredness of each person is the teachers. The teachers here at NDNU truly care about the thriving and success of each of their students. They always correctly distinguish the threshold between teaching and boasting. Most of all they also acknowledge that we as students teach them new things as well, showing us that the collaborative learning we emplaced doesn't just stop from student to student.

3. During the midpoint of my freshman year here at NDNU, the presidential election was occurring. This was my first time being involved as it showed me very early, all races had different opinions. I got very involved with the election, and even though I don't have any real opinion on it, I learned from facts and others thought. This made me questions my own ethics as I looked at supporters of one person, and opposers in the opposite. It hasn't caused me to change my career choice, it just changed the way I look at things from now on.

4. In my freshman seminar class I wasn't able to attend the community engagement activity. So instead I decided to work at the voting for the election of our new president. Without the encouragement of my professor, I would never have been able to push myself into exploring this new idea of helping my community by just using my time effectively. The polls could always use the help and the experience was truly once in a lifetime.

5. I define diversity as different people coming together from different places. Not necessarily different races, but just different areas that form different ideas. Diversity is definitely a value to the human community because it creates the critical connection that even though we may be diverse, we all still have common interests and ideas alike.

6. Teachers and staff have created a sense with community with myself and my others at this campus. they make it fun to attend class, lunch, and even meetings, as students understanding that college life can be fun. Most of my friends I've met through class or other campus life due to the fact that this school is very small.

7. I personally haven't has the spiritual skills in working towards a better society, but i feel that i have gained a lot of ethical leadership skills. The goal is always to work towards a better society and thats why we go to school in the first place, to create better workers. Through all the diversity and staff at this school, we are constantly exposed to different perspectives and ideas that both teach us to be mindful and teach us to be moral. I can see myself using these skills during protests, tutoring underclassmen, or helping a friend as it expands what I consider to me ethical justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment